Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Baby 26: Wait A Minute


I walked into the house warily. There were burn marks stretching from the kitchen to the living room on the other side of the house. Mainly it was just the floor, but the kitchen stove and counters weren't so lucky. I sighed. It was nothing that couldn't be fixed. Of course, that would require money. Which would require actually doing some painting or writing. I had always wanted to dabble in that, but never really had the time or motivation. But now that Alex wasn't in my life, and bringing in the money from his job, I would have to.

I didn't think getting a job would be such a great idea. Who would hire a ghost anyways?

My frustrations now made me wonder about Luke and Bryce. How were they doing? Did they have families, jobs? Probably. They were handsome men.


"Hello?" I ask as I open the door. Or, as I float through the door, that is. This new body is going to be a little difficult to get used to.

"Oh, hello," a man answers. I stare deep into his ocean blue eyes. He is so blue he nearly matches the house siding. 

"Erm. Can I help you?" I ask.

"Actually I was coming to see you," he said. I looked at him questioningly. "Spirits usually linger around a few days after death. When I heard about the fire, I had to come check it out. Oh, I'm a scientist by the way. But as I can see, you're  . . . different."

"What do you mean?"

"I can actually see you." He stared. "Oh, excuse me. It's just--normally, you don't actually see the spirits. You hear things on a special device, or see orbs. Hardly ever do you actually see their true form." He swallowed hard, obviously nervous.

"So what can I help you with, Sir?"

"Nothing, I guess I'll be going-" he turned. But now that I thought about it, I had another idea. 

"Wait. Are you interested in being a father of my challenge?"

He had no clue about what a "challenge" was, but after I informed him about it and what the rules were, he was pretty eager. Besides, what scientist would pass up such an opportunity with a ghost?


"So how does it usually take?" he mumbled.

"The same as it does for normal sims. Are you hungry?"

"No. I must be going. But I'd like to come over and see the child in a few days if it's okay with you."

"Of course," I told him.


After eating, I worked on cleaning up the ash and replacing the floors and such from the fire with money I had already, and the money that the insurance company had sent to the address. They were probably sending it for Alex, but who knows if he even realized what had happened yet.


After I painted the walls and replaced the floor tiles, I got to work on scrubbing the stains from the fire. When I designed the house, I had picked the color blue as the theme because it was my favorite color.


By the time I was finished, I nearly passed out from exhaustion. Dying sure does take a lot out of you, y'know.


Then some fish, just to lighten the mood. I would get a small hamster or something, but I tend to forget to feed them. (No, actually my Pets game doesn't work. Grr.)


Then, it was time to get to "work." Hopefully I would earn enough money to buy some more toys for the incoming children. Of course, I still had a lot of my other children's toys, but it's always nice to have change.


This is one of the downsides to pregnancy. But it is definitely worth it.


My first painting sold for $944, though I'm not sure how. Either way, money is money and I needed it!


After a day or so I had finally gotten the house all cleaned up. I found myself wondering about my kids . .


"Hello? Yes, I would like to know about getting back my children," I told the woman.

"And what is your name?"

"Trish. Salline Trish."

"We're sorry. We cannot allow such a situation."

"Excuse me?"

"Sorry, ma'am. We have specific orders."

"Can I at least speak to my children?" I asked.

Suddenly I heard the dial-tone on the other end. Rude! People these days.


Another of my paintings, which sold for $986, gave me just enough to pay my bills. I had a hard time parting with it though. I really liked it. But I knew that if I hadn't sold it, then I wouldn't have been able to pay for the house that I live in!


That night, I felt the familiar painful contractions.

Baby 26: Madeline Trish

No comments:

Post a Comment