Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Babies 27 and 28: Good Daddy


"Well hello there, Sweetheart," Zane spoke to his daughter. She smiled and giggled at him.

 
"May I?" he asked. I nodded, and he began the long task of teaching her to talk. I would have been fine teaching her myself, but I didn't want to break up their bonding time. It was really sweet. Now that I think about it, most of the fathers of my challenge don't have anything to do with their children.



"Say 'Daddy,'" Zane encouraged. 
"Dahdee," she mumbled.
"Yay! You did it!" 

I smiled. So cute. That's one good daddy.


So while he taught her to talk, I worked on my painting. I was still responsible for the bills, after all.


When I returned, Zane was teaching her how to walk. I was surprised at that, but said nothing. I was glad she was able to bond with her father. Perhaps they would maintain that connection throughout her lifetime.



"Well, I really must be going. Call anytime you need me. Okay?"

"Kay," I said.


"Nighty night, Miss Madeline. I think it's bedtime," I cooed.


"I know it's late and all, but are you Salline Trish?" a strange man asked.

"Yes?"

"I was wondering if I could join your challenge."

"Do you know the rules to the challenge?"

"Yes."

"I suppose," I replied, a bit suspiciously.


The man leaves quickly after, but I wanted to work on my sketching before I went to bed. I knew it probably wasn't a good idea, considering I could use all the sleep I could get before Madeline woke up, but I couldn't resist.


"Hey now, calm down, Madeline," I told her as I walked in that morning.


I also potty trained Madeline. That way she would be ready to age up when the time was right.


I was about to go make myself some breakfast when I noticed something from the corner of my eye. Another of those freaky toys! Not really sure where it came from, but Madeline has already taken a liking to it and I wasn't about to take it away from her . . . not matter how freaky it was.


It even sleeps in her crib with her.


The next night while I was doing laundry, Madeline aged up to a beautiful young lady.


Madeline apparently played tag with her new friend.


By this time, I was nearing the end of my pregnancy. Everything was going smoothly.



"Maddy.. You shouldn't stay up all night." She looked at me groggy eyed. "And, you need to call your father." She nodded, but I doubt she actually heard what I said.


A few hours later, the baby decided to come.




27. Kathy Trish (after my best friend in real life)
28. Zachary Trish (also after best friend in real life)

2 comments:

  1. This is the first of your posts I've gotten a chance to read. It was great! I'll have to go back and read more to catch up :)

    Madeline is beautiful and so are the twins!

    Keep up the great work! :D

    ~Chloe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :D
      And I know.. They are to die for. *-* Is it sad to say that it's hard for me to believe they're Sallines? Bahhaaha. Oh, and the first few chapters are a bit... rocky. But they get better. At least in my opinion.

      Delete